Our purpose and principles
At Export Finance Australia, our primary purpose is to play an impactful role in financing Australian exports and interests, including overseas infrastructure development.
We achieve our purpose by fulfilling our legislated functions, which are to:
- facilitate and encourage Australian export trade and overseas infrastructure development by providing finance
- encourage banks and other financial institutions to finance exports and overseas infrastructure development
- provide information and advice about finance to help support Australian export trade
- assist other Commonwealth entities and businesses in providing finance and financial services
- administer payments in relation to overseas aid projects financed by the Commonwealth.
We support a diverse network of customers, including:
- small and medium-sized enterprises and larger domestic exporters
- Australian companies that are part of an export-related global supply chain
- Australian companies conducting business and investing in emerging and frontier markets.
We assist these customers specifically, by providing financial solutions in circumstances where they have been unable to source adequate finance from the private sector. We do not compete with the private sector.
We encourage banks and other financial institutions in Australia to support Australian businesses internationally.
We also assist the Federal Government by providing our solutions to Australian exporters considered by the Government to be in the national interest.
Provide products and services as efficiently and sustainably as possible
We operate on a commercial and transparent basis. We seek to provide a high-quality service to our customers, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. Our Board and Executive team seek to manage our organisation prudently to ensure its long-term viability.
Fulfilment of our people
Our people programs are focused on supporting employees to learn, grow and succeed.
We support our people to reach their full potential and to achieve an appropriate balance between personal and professional priorities as well as diversity in our workplace. We encourage accountability amongst our employees in their respective roles.
Operate within a risk framework consistent with our primary purpose
Our Board supervises our affairs, including determining our policies and a risk framework that is consistent with our purpose and resources. Our people conduct our business within this framework.
Uphold best-practice environmental, social and governance standards
Our Board, Executive team and people are committed to upholding best-practice environmental, social and ethical standards.
A constructive and supportive relationship with the Government
We seek to have an open, constructive and transparent relationship with the Commonwealth Government and key Departments. Regular and effective communication enables us to understand the priorities of Government across trade and investment, treasury, finance, small business and employment.